Tuesday, August 14, 2012

To be a star

Oh my goodness it has been ages and ages since I have done a Stampotique Challenge but this sketch one really took my fancy.  I had this background in my scraps box, it was made with Dylusion sprays and then a bleach spray over it.   After I stamped the text I stenciled some golden stars around it.  The main star is stamped on gold mirror card which does not show up so well in the photo but in real life adds a bit of blingness. It was quick and easy to make and I think it is pretty, hope you like it as well.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Stampotique Designer Challenge is SDC52: Oodles of Doodles. This is really so way, way, way out of my comfort zone, I love stamps because I can't draw at all. So this was very simple, some Ranger colour wash for the background, I stamped the tree on paper and coloured with Copics, stamped the little flowers then doodled the birds, border, little bird house and a couple of extra flowers. I don't think I love this card, but at least I tried hehehe.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wearable Art

Here is my first attempt at Wearable Art, its was a lot of fun and I got very inky, you have got to love grunge paper and I kinda like it. This was for the Stampotique challenge. Thank you to the lovely Nienke for letting me use her head hehehe.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pink, purple & Black

Hiya another Stampotique challenge entry, I do so love these images and I thought these colours were perfectly gothy / girly (is there such a thing??) Anyway it was a bit of wrinkle free distress for the background with some sponging over a stencil and just a little bit of bling, as every girl needs a tiara in her life.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Altered magazine file

Here is my Altered magazine file of the latest Stampotique Designers Challenge . This started out as a plain white file from Ikea, I painted it with Moon Glow Starburst Stains and place some scrunched up cling flim on it while it dried. I then stamped and coloured it in, I had to go over some of the stamping with a black pen as the file is corrugated on the inside and it did not stamp up so well but I like the results, a bit of bling on the crowns just to finish it off. Sorry for the poor photo but it was crazy difficult to photograph.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years Resolution (haha)

My New Years Resolution is ..... to finish projects, maybe new ones, hopefully some old ones and in the process to finish organinsing my stash as well (my poor, poor fella is surrounded by stamps, cardstock, ink and he never says a word about it, he is such a love).

So with this in mind here is my first one, I have half a dozen card bases which I have made up using distress inks on a shadow block then spritzed. I thought it was a lovely effect so I have sat and looked at them for several months hehehe.

This is for this Stampotique challenge, I hope you like it.